Plumbing Engineer – CMTA
The Woodlands, TX
CMTA, a Legence company, is currently seeking an experienced Plumbing Engineer to manage project budgets, design and implement plumbing systems, and collaborate with various teams assigned to a project. As a Plumbing Engineer, you will operate with various departments to develop all construction and electrical specifications for all plumbing projects. Expertise in Excel, AutoCAD/ Bluebeam is essential. LEED certification and/or Revit experience will be a plus
As a plumbing engineer, you will monitor and conduct tests on different materials and equipment, maintain knowledge on all product specifications and ensure compliance with all required standards.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers to develop designs, calculate constructions, and select appropriate installation equipment and systems.
- Serve as lead (primary responsible) Engineer on projects as assigned.
- Perform routine inspection of all equipment and components, and assist in fabrication if needed
- Evaluate all design drawings according to required quality regulations.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance reviews on projects
- Drafting technical documentation
- Providing training and mentoring to junior engineering staff
- Provide technical support for fabrication and field operations
- Field verify site conditions as required
- Attend jobsite meetings as needed
- Other duties or projects as required or assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in plumbing design.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Experience in a variety of commercial projects (like biotech, semiconductor, educational, etc..)
- Experience in conceptual and detailed design for new-construction and TI projects is required.
- Proven ability to lead teams and manage projects successfully.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing design and corresponding terminology.
- Excellent ability to read, interpret, and implement plumbing design documentation.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance, and prioritize work.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- AutoCAD and REVIT software experience
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email [email protected]. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.