Plumbing Outside Sales Representative
Etna Supply Co.
Traverse City, MI
Plumbing Outside Sales Job Summary:
Sell Company products to outside customers that meet the customers’ needs and maintain their satisfaction while also being financially advantageous transactions and relationships for Etna.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Manage assigned accounts.
- Make sales calls to follow-up expressed customer interest in Company product offerings.
- Generate price quotes after meeting with customers which meets their expectations and standards for quality.
- Bid jobs for customers which have expressed interest in Company product.
- Generate cold call lists and perform calling activities, distributing brochures, and making actual calls to generate new customers for the Company.
- Negotiate prices with customers for high volume account activity.
- Make deliveries to customers as needed.
- Assist credit department with payment collection.
- Host customers and potential customers for entertainment events.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to meet or exceed sales quotas at an acceptable profit-margin.
- Working knowledge of Company products.
- Effective sales, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Available and able to travel frequently.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, including using a calculator.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as margins, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Eclipse.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
- Six months to one year of related experience or training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Regularly required to walk and stand; sit; talk and hear; and use fingers, reach, grasp, and handle.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside an office setting but requires frequent exposure to outside weather conditions when traveling, on a job-site, etc.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening. #IN23