PMO(D-Crew) (5:45 pm-6:15 am)Starting Pay $19.45 Plus $0.50 Shift Differential -B
Campbell Soup Company
Since 1869 we've connected people through food they love. Our history was created by remarkable people, ideas, and innovations. It serves as inspiration and foundation for our future success. We’re proud to be stewards of amazing brands that people trust. We foster a culture of belonging where people come first, and diversity is embraced. And we live our values, always, while setting the highest standards for performance.
Here, you will make a difference every day. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, and competitive team. You will be supported to build a rewarding career with opportunities to grow, innovate and inspire. Make history with us.
What role will you play? How will you make history with Campbell’s? Apply today!
The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of snack packaging machinery.
Essential Job Duties
• Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
• Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by monitoring codes, dates and prices.
• Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all packaging materials available for each machine.
• Adjusts machine micro logic set-up as needed to maintain an efficient and low waste operation.
• Understands and demonstrates the necessary skills involved to efficiently operate packaging equipment in so far as, but not limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper running, procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and shutdown.
• Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently changing from one product item to another.
• Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as required.
• Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
• Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as required.
• Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product.
• Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines off and blows down area when required.
• Immediately reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance Mechanic or Supervisor.
• Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
• Stores supplies in designated areas.
• Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
• Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
• May provide leadership and direction to packers.
• May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator, or other technical/skilled position.
• If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
• Mandatory overtime may be required.
• May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
No supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Candidate must be comfortable communicating to team members and management staff.
• Candidate will be trained and must be able to perform all job functions within the department at any given time.
• Prerequisite: Complete training and any applicable examinations.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Where applicable, Forklift Certification obtained.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment (including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more than 50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
Place an “x” in the box for each of the categories below:
Sitting Seldom: x Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously:
Standing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Walking Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Using hands Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Climbing Seldom: Occasionally: x Frequently: Continuously:
Stooping, Kneeling Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Talking, Hearing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Tasting, Smelling (if applicable) Seldom: Occasionally: x Frequently: Continuously:
Two Handed Carry Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Pushing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Pulling Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Overhead Work Standing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Ladder Climbing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Repetitive Twisting Standing Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Repetitive Twisting Sitting Seldom: x Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously:
Hand Dexterity Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Bending Seldom: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Weight: Place an “x” in the box for each of the categories below:
Up to 10 pounds Seldom/Never: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Up to 25 pounds Seldom/Never: Occasionally: Frequently: x Continuously:
Up to 60 pounds Seldom/Never: Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously: x
Up to 100 pounds Seldom/Never: Occasionally: x Frequently: Continuously:
More than 100 lbs Seldom/Never: x Occasionally: Frequently: Continuously:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Minimal travel may be required.
Individual base pay depends on work location and additional factors such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401k and wellness benefits beginning on the first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.ID:uDnQdo