Ports & Maritime Program Manager
LFG Specialties, LLC
One must be located in, or willing to relocate, key areas of growth to include: Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia.
APTIM, a leading engineering firm with an international presence and a thriving Coastal Engineering practice, is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Port and Maritime Program Manager. This position has tremendous growth and career development potential for a passionate and experienced engineer. The candidate selected will report to the Director of APTIM's Coastal, Ports and Marine Practice and have the opportunity to manage challenging projects and grow our practice with focus along the U.S. East Coast and in the Gulf States. This position will also assist with marketing and business development plans for growing our Ports Infrastructure and Equipment practice and be a strategic addition to our well-established team of highly qualified managers, engineers and scientists.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of experience and a demonstrated ability to create, lead, and manage high-performing teams to successful delivery of projects for our clients. The position is best suited for someone with high leadership capabilities and the ability to understand client needs and develop business growth prospects. The candidate will be a key member pursuing growth opportunities and work closely with senior leadership in developing a broader coastal and ports practice.
- Participate in business development activities, manage client relationships, write proposals and both prepare/present selection, technical and conference presentations
- Working with business line leaders, develop and implement a broad business development strategy to grow the Ports service line
- Serve as mentor to staff to seek continuous improvement though implementation of lessons learned and constructive annual performance evaluations
- Work collaboratively and proactively with a diverse group of program directors, project managers, engineers and scientists on various project needs
- Perform project and program management activities in a lead role being responsible for scope, budget and schedule working in close coordination with project team, subconsultants and clients
- Lead project teams in conducting the design process for Port engineering projects from conceptual design to detailed designs including plans, specifications and construction documents
- Design, manage and contribute to field programs and field data analysis
- Be willing to take on growth assignments and develop into front-line leadership within the practice
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and look for opportunities outside of general areas of practice
- Take on key client relationship roles with a variety of clients, to include those in the LNG, Commercial Port, and Industrial Waterfront sectors.
- Experience with preparation of proposals, selection presentations and business development
- Strong communications skills and client-facing experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Ports Infrastructure and/or Equipment engineering/project management experience required
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills suitable to a consulting environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required -- Master's Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience with a proven portfolio of serving both state and federal agencies required, 15+ years of coastal engineering experience preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) with ability to obtain reciprocity in states served
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills in designing projects
- Demonstrated ability to fluently communicate in spoken and written English
- Have a passion for working in a consulting firm environment on various types of projects
- Willingness to travel in support of business and project activities