Power Generation Sales Representative
Stewart & Stevenson
Responsible for effectively selling diesel and gas powered generator sets for the industrial, commercial, medical institutional and petrochemical markets in an assigned territory to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth.
• Generate new customer accounts as well as service and maintain existing accounts. Analyze customer needs and interests and determine how company products and services can best meet their needs.
• Recommend and sell manufactured generator sets, accessories and related equipment utilizing
• knowledge of power generation equipment.
• Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department and the organization.
• Assist in marketing and sale of new products and/or prototypes to the existing marketplace.
• Review completed jobs for variations in component costing.
• Interface with other departments, including engineering, manufacturing, production, purchasing and accounting, to oversee project development and ensure timely delivery of finished products.
• Monitors sales orders to ensure project costs, materials lists and delivery schedules meet project specifications and deadlines.
• Compute installation or production costs, and prepare and submit bid specifications to existing and
• potential customers for review. Negotiate proposals and sales and service contracts with customers.
• Establish, maintain and develop business, social and networking relationships with individuals within the power generation industry in order to generate and maintain a positive business image for the organization within the industry.
• Plan and organize sales strategy.
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems, issues or complaints.
• Attend sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
• Demonstrate and explain use of installed equipment and production processes.
• Provide management oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
• Conduct all business transactions in an ethical manner.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three to seven years related experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with Oracle systems preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Prior outside sales experience in the power generation market is required. Must follow company pricing guidelines and procedures.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand O (Occasionally) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk O (Occasionally) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Sit F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Climb N (Not Applicable) Push / Pull
Crawl O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.