WHO ARE WE
Sonaca-North America is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Paint Assistant to prepare parts for paint and masking operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and apply work order instructions and sketches to prepare parts for paint.
- Sand, strip or tape off parts to prepare parts for paint.
- Arrange parts on table or racks.
- Ability to move parts through paint process, organize workflow to painter and maintain product traceability by the Production Manager and or other members of the management team.
- Operate pallet jacks and forklift, with appropriate certification.
- Keep Paint/Racking areas clean and organized per company Ultraclean/6S requirements.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and use all required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Handles customer-supplied product with care.
- Maintain and reinforce Sonaca-North America’s quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime (and weekends), as necessary to meet the demands of the customer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- Previous experience in paint operations desired.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend American English.
- Must become proficient in using the Sonaca-North America's Work Order Tracking Program.
- Application of basic math skills is required.
- Must have ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Must exhibit attention to detail.
- Must exhibit interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
- Must meet physical requirements for wearing respirators including, pulmonary function tests (PFTs), respirator fit tests, and other medical evaluations
WHY CHOOSE SONACA-NORTH AMERICA?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Sonaca North America is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, Sonaca North America provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, Sonaca North America will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for Sonaca North America‘s Human Resources Department. Sonaca North America will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
Sonaca North America is an E-Verify Employer.
Sonaca North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from Sonaca North America and/or its affiliates (“LMI Aerospace”).
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
Sonaca North America does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement and will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.
Sonaca North America has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning Sonaca North America, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo