Press Operator Web
Allen Press, Inc.
Employee is required to operate the printing press efficiently while following printing safety procedures. Press Operator will lead the instruction of and work efficiently with the Press Assistant assigned to the press. The Press Operator is responsible for the general operation, cleaning and maintenance of the press.
- Perform job duties and conducts self in accordance with Allen Press, Inc. core values in alignment with Company’s Vision.
- Must be proficient in the operations and machine set up of printing press.
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice printing safety procedures.
- Must be able to meet strict production deadlines while maintaining quality work.
- Must be able to visually inspect final printed matter for accuracy and color match.
- Must be able to perform routine machine preventative maintenance.
- Must have good leadership qualities and work efficiently with other team members.
- Keeping daily time and material usage reports and records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with departmental projects.
- High school diploma supplemented by vocational training in operation printing presses or any equivalent of training and experience.
- Previous web operating experience is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of web tension, dryer settings, chill settings, silicone application, former nose and folder adjustments.
- Must be familiar with ink consoles and be able to achieve and maintain a good ink-water balance and maintain color consistency throughout print run.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Good eye for detail and color perception.
- Knowledge of various ink and paper types.
- Good planning and organizational skills to manage work flow.
- Able to learn quickly and retain knowledge.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work closely with others.
- Good safety practices; able to understand and follow established safety procedures.
- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stretching, and stooping required throughout the day.
- Repetitive hand and wrist motion skills (pinch, grip, flex) performed 100% of the time.
- Average or better eyesight and color recognition.
- Employee is required to work core hours, either day or night shift.