Gestamp North America
Supports Maintenance, Operations, and Quality as primary technical resource responsible for press equipment and part production. This position is for temporary employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health & Safety of self and Subordinates including outside contractors and/or support personnel.
- Technical support, troubleshooting, and implementation of corrective actions including interface with press controls under the supervision of the Master Tech, Team Lead, or Press Flex (Upper level Technicians).
- Responsible for overall performance of transfer press and progressive press operations, with the assistance of an upper level technician.
- Responsible for setting up, running, and optimizing press and related equipment while working with upper level technicians.
- As part of the press team, the press technician is responsible for part quality being produced.
- Improve overall processes and related issues by taking a pro-active lead in the Continuous Improvement Activities.
- As part of the press team, Press Technician is expected to take an active role in housekeeping of the work area.
- Participate in reviewing first and middle piece inspection.
- Buy off last piece inspection with quality.
- Complete hourly visual inspections.
- Accurately documents press down-time to plant standards.
- First 15 parts and first 5 blanks need to be held (Cold press only)
- Any other duties as deemed necessary or appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required with technical schooling preferred.
- Can demonstrate work experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Press Controls, automation, destacking and coil feeding expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Clear understanding of Lean Principals & Tools
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate under the direction of upper level Technicians
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted