Prin. Mechanical Design Engineer – Repair Design
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We’ve introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment.* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process.
Pratt & Whitney's North Berwick Engineering Center is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with the creativity, drive, and desire to see their ideas become a reality. This position is for a Design Engineer supporting Aftermarket Repair Design
This design engineering position provides the opportunity to work on various Pratt and Whitney product lines in a repair development role. This role provides a unique perspective of Pratt and Whitney product with exposure to the full product life cycle. Hardware responsibilities primarily include components found in the compressor and turbine sections of commercial engines. Although primarily a mechanical design role work with structural finite element models and project management activities are sometimes required.
The ideal candidate will have strong fundamental engineering analysis skills and understanding of manufacturing processes. Significant interaction with internal and external customers as well as other engineering disciplines is expected; excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
This is an onsite position in North Berwick, Maine. Occasional travel may be required. Candidate must be eligible to work in the US.
- Engineering calculations to determine part acceptability and repair options.
- Authoring part level and assembly level component repairs and other technical data / procedures.
- Participation on multidisciplinary teams to develop and produce repairs that are cost effective and support customer timelines.
- Support new product design reviews as the aftermarket team member and execute Engineering Standard Work.
- Provide field investigation, and aftermarket technical support.
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred. Masters degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design and/or analytical analysis or a combination of 10 years experience these fields and manufacturing engineering.
- US citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Preferred candidates will have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes, aerospace design methods and procedures, and continuous improvement tools.
- Preferred candidates will have previous experience in aerospace or defense industries.
- Must be proficient with MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be proficient in CAD modeling, familiarity with NX programs a plus, experience with Siemens Teamcenter software a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms