Principal Commodity Management & Sourcing – Digital Technology/IT
Location:GBR02: Glenrothes, Scotland, Queensway Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, KY75PY, United Kingdom
Principal Commodity Management & Sourcing – Digital Technology/IT
Glenrothes/Livingston/Harlow/United Kingdom - Hybrid working
Summary of Role:
The Indirect Supplychain Management Team are responsible for all bought-in products and services for non-customer deliverables; managing a diverse supplychain spend worth circa £65M annually.
The Principle Specialist conducts Make v Buy exercises, develops sourcing strategies and Business Cases, selects sources, negotiates and manages supplier agreements of various types (Commodity/Service/ Consultant/ International) associated with medium complexity supplier requirements. Liaises with suppliers at various middle management levels to drive improvement and resolve disputes. Contributes to Business Area and Stakeholder Functional strategies via specific commodity strategies. Manages and monitors supply chain and supports the drive for business growth, efficiency, profitability and inter company relationships.
Raytheon is driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest ethical standards and visionary thinking, everything is possible both for our customers, Raytheon and for you as an employee.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other functions and RTX businesses and the Functional LT.
- Leads or supports cross-functional teams in conducting Make v Buy exercises and developing and deploying commodity strategies of medium complexity.
- These strategies include:
- Indirect spend commodities,
- Target Return on Investment (ROI),
- Commodity risk management,
- Service levels, and
- Approved/preferred suppliers.
- Engages with Stakeholder Functional leads regarding supplier bid and selection criteria.
- Participates in / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Leverages commodity opportunities and synergies across RTX.
- Ensures that strategies are in alignment with market conditions, Raytheon requirements, goals and growth plans.
- Leverages supplier and industry capabilities in conjunction with Stakeholder functions to align functional strategies and identify gaps to link supplier capabilities with Raytheon requirements.
- Develops Commodity Agreements
- Develops and manages tenders. Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Works with suppliers and functional stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering, strategic relationship management to deliver required service level KPIs
- Establishes and manages supplier relationships to include supplier continuous improvement/development goals.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Responsible via subordinate personnel to place all non-Production requirements on suppliers in an expeditious and efficient manner in line with Raytheon policy and commodity strategies and to ensure the execution of the orders.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity management for digital technology, IT commodity areas and/or digital transformation programmes
- Knowledge of software licencing, end user licencing agreements, and contracting digital services
- Related degree/MCIPS or equivalent
- Experience in managing stakeholder groups
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead or perform effectively in a multi functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid-management level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating low/medium complexity non-standard agreements including Service Level requirements
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement. Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at mid-management level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Programme management skills
- Ability/Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- Experience developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Process improvement skillset
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms