Principal Design Engineer – Temporary Works Engineer
Job DescriptionFluor's Infrastructure Business Line seeks Temporary Works Engineer to support the organization from our Lewisville, TX office.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for temporary works ( including certified drawings and calculations), essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area, and acts as a representative to the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This is the Lead position on assigned projects or performs engineering assignments of any complexity.
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of difficult engineering complexity
• Serve as Supervising Lead providing guidance/supervision to other leads and function as mentor to less experienced engineers including performance appraisal input and counseling
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and sixteen (16) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications• Professional registration and membership in technical society, Licensed PE
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Managing and leading a large project
• Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
Other Job Requirements• Specific industry knowledge of roadway, bridge and transit design
• Experienced in CAD
• Experience in Support of Excavation (SOE) Design
• Experience in calculations and drawing for smaller bridge erections
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.