Principal Electrical Engineer (Electrical Power Systems)
Sierra Nevada Corporation's Space Systems
Do you have a passion for space, a love of engineering, and a desire to support our nation’s heroes? Do you want to be a part of the future facets of space? We dream big at Sierra Space Corporation— from space exploration, habitation, and services development to keeping our service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. If this appeals to you, JOIN US! You will be part of an extraordinary team that is passionate about the mission, relentless in our commitments, driven to exceptionalism, and bold in thinking.
Sierra Space—based in Louisville, CO with operations in Madison, WI, Durham, NC, Huntsville, AL, Houston, TX, and Kennedy Space Center, FL—designs and manufactures the Dream Chaser spaceplane and other advanced spacecraft, commercial space destinations, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
Sierra Space’s Orbital Systems and Services (OSS) division focuses on the design, build, and operations of small satellites in support of commercial services and national security space and offers two work locations: Louisville, Colorado and Centennial, Colorado.
As an Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer you will be using your electrical skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, verify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be performing electrical design, analysis and test of spacecraft using industry standard / in-house analysis software and tools. You will be able to create innovative power design solutions for spacecraft hardware, then see your designs come to fruition as you continue through article integration and test; and finally, be a part of the operations for the spacecraft that you designed, built, and tested.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Thorough understanding of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Active TS/SCI level Security Clearance
- Exposure to simulations through functional and logical models and system analysis
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience composing and analyzing Electrical Load Analysis (ELA), circuit modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Familiarity with design requirements related to High Intensity Radiated Field (HIRF) and Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL)
- Knowledge of industry-standard electrical design principles, to include, but not limited to model-based definition, electrical component selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- Familiar with Electro Magnetic Effects (EME) to include, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Experience in digital or analog circuit design and schematic capture
- Understanding of the printed circuit board layout process and tools
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.ID:uDnQdo