Principal Engineer – AI for EDA
San Jose, CA
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Are you ready to enrich life for all? As a Team Member of the Silicon Systems AI group at Micron, you will improve Micron’s silicon and systems development processes by crafting new paradigms in AI for a first-of-a-kind capability demonstration!
You will re-imagine our silicon to systems development flow to accelerate the velocity of innovation in Micron’s products. The silicon systems AI group is a small team of technologists collaborating multi-functionally with domain guides and data scientists inside and outside of Micron. You will bring new energy and ideas to the aspirational goal of changing the world for the better with Micron’s products and technologies with AI enablement. We are specifically looking for a top-tier RTL expert who can innovate to bring new AI methods to conventional silicon design workflows.
- The ideal candidate should possess 5+ years of demonstrated ability in silicon design as relating to CPU systems, storage controllers, network ASIC and others.
- Extensive understanding of SoC building blocks spanning scheduling, queuing, caching, power management, clock tree, and power domains.
- Proven experience in using AI algorithms to modify silicon design workflows.
- Co-simulation experience of RTL with FW, Matlab / System C models with RTL / FW.
- Proficiency in C/C++/Python in a Linux development environment is required.
- Familiarity extending UVM verification methodology to open source-based simulations tools will be effective.
- Experience with open-source tools such as Verilator, ICARUS and KLEE will be an added plus.
- Ability to succinctly summarize sophisticated technical concepts with excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
- Attitude to resolve difficult technical challenges with no transparent solutions will be needed.
- Consummate teammate with the ability to influence all levels of the organization is desired.
- Develop, design, and mature new AI methods to accelerate silicon design, verification, and validation workflows
- Conduct initial sandbox development, and work with extended teams to build and implement proof of concept demonstrations
- Construct new workflows by developing, augmenting, and interconnecting open source / commercial tools
- Share knowledge within the team by maintaining high quality documentation and mentoring junior colleagues
- MS/Ph.D in ECE or EE
- Publications in best-in-class venues like: HOTCHIPS, MICRO, OSDI, QRS, TAPAS, ICFEM, ISSTA etc.
- Being an active contributor to open-source EDA projects will be advantageous
The US base salary range that Micron Technology estimates it could pay for this full-time position is:$126,000.00 - $294,000.00
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries of the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional job-related factors, including knowledge, skills, experience, tenure and relevant education or training. The pay scale is subject to change depending on business needs. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additional compensation may include benefits, discretionary bonuses and equity.
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn about your right to work click here.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at email@example.com or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.ID:uDnQdo