Principal Engineer – Offshore (Civil & Structural)
CEC Controls Co.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood India is currently recruiting for an Offshore Structural Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas & petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that the content and objective of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and the Information Security policies are implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Undertake Lead Engineer Role of major FEED/EPC projects
- Provide technical support to the Chief Engineer and Chief Specialist – Offshore(Structural).
- Conduct technical audits on project at the direction of the Chief Engineer and Chief Specialist – Offshore(Structural).
- Support development of operational alerts and lessons learnt
- Conduct Performance Reviews and follow-up with technical discipline staff
- Keep up to date with latest industry practices, standards and product development and disseminate to group.
- Lead Projects and assigned group of il and Offshore(Structural) Engineers/Designers when required.
- Conduct technical audits on Projects.
- Advise Chief Engineer and Chief Specialist – Offshore(Structural) on technical capability of staff as required.
- Conduct Performance Reviews of the Offshore(Structural) Engineers/Designers.
- Provide technical input into engineering projects resulting in production of quality deliverable products to the Corporate and related National Standards.
- Understand the requirements and drivers of the project through client supplied documentation and India Operations management instruction.
- Provide technical support to the design team developing the engineering solution.
- Develop engineering solutions to problems that reflect constructability and operability issues.
- When working to a lead engineer raise issues which will translate into operational alerts and lessons learnt.
- Prepare and check engineering calculations and drawings on project team.
- Prepare the project specifications, requisitions and reports.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as and when required.
- Coordinates with other Wood affiliated offices with respect to workshare.
- Keeps abreast of the project strategy and key drivers.
- Participates in Model Reviews as and when required.
- Report changes to the Lead Engineer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate in Civil Engineering (Essential)
- Exposure to Offshore Structural Engineering(Essential)
- Post Graduate in Structural Engineering (Desirable)
- Membership to Professional Organisations (Desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Offshore(Structural) Engineering environment with lead role in project execution (Essential) and exposure to Offshore-Structural Engineering.
- Ability to lead small teams in a multi-discipline task force based engineering environment (Essential)
- Proven expertise in FEED and EPC Engineering execution including Field Engineering in Project execution (Desirable).
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.ID:uDnQdo