Principal HVAC Engineer
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is now hiring a Principal HVAC Engineer with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL). In this role you will support the design review for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for medium- to large-sized nuclear projects, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) requirements. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience at an engineering design level, will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Mechanical Engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments, and have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Serves as senior-level technical consultant within area of expertise. Creates enhanced technical solutions to meet client and regulatory requirements and actively seeks improvements to work processes.
- Provide the Subject Matter Expertise (SME) design review support for the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) in support of the NNSA APMO
- Participate in process hazard analysis for the HVAC systems that directly interface with process systems
- Provide hybrid solutions to differing HVAC system designs that pose interface challenges
- Review data requirements, analyses and test methodologies
- Review mechanical designs, plans and procedures.
- Generate technical briefings and decision packages
- Provide status reports of activities
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, technical, or design related field (or equivalent experience)
- 15+ years of mechanical and HVAC systems design experience, including experience in the design of nuclear or hazardous processing systems
- Professional Engineer registration or certification in field of expertise is required
Must be a U.S. Citizen
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Department of Energy “Q” clearance or the ability to obtain clearance.
- Familiarity with HVAC design for nuclear facilities
- Familiarity and experience with requirements of Active Confinement Ventilation Systems as defined in DOE-STD-1269 (formerly DOE-HDBK-1169)
- Familiarity and experience in nuclear air and gas treatment design codes in accordance with ASME AG-1 requirements
- Familiarity and experience with operational aspects of ventilation systems including process control, testing and acceptance, and system balancing
- Familiarity and experience in glovebox designs for nuclear facilities is preferred but not required
- Development and delivery of presentations to peers and/or management
- Ability to begin performing with minimal supervision
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!