Principal Industrial Designer
Techtronic Industries Power Equipment, Inc.
Employer: Royal Appliance Manufacturing Company (dba TTI Floor Care North America)
Title: Principal Industrial Designer
Location: 8405 IBM Drive Charlotte, NC 28262
- Work across brands and categories in the consumer and commercial industries. The fast-paced work covers the entire range of corded and cordless floor care appliances.
- Work directly with cross functional teams from project start to mass production to bring compelling product solutions to market.
- Gather complex inputs and utilize the design process in a fast paced, dynamic environment to create products which satisfy the business objectives.
- Serve in a design leadership role on individual projects.
- Provide coaching and thought leadership on design process and execution to the broader design team.
- Identify end user needs through various research methods.
- Creatively problem solve for identified user needs with prototyping and rigorous user testing.
- Integrate relevant research and insights into design goals and project scope.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define project criteria in order to support business objectives.
- Tactically adapt and tailor the design process to the specific project or business need.
- Develop concepts which accommodate usability, performance requirements and brand language.
- Design within the constraints of manufacturing and cost.
- Independently manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Define the design intent and work closely with engineering to maintain it through product launch.
- Evaluate and analyze the marketplace and competition.
- Stay current on color, material, and cultural trends that help drive product design.
Master’s or equivalent degree in Industrial Design or similar technical field and 4 years of relevant experience; or a Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Industrial Design or similar technical field and 7 years of relevant experience.
Experience must include:
- Designing and developing new products for manufactured consumer goods.
- Utilizing 2D and 3D modeling to communicate design ideas.
- Demonstrating end user experiences through physical prototypes.
- Applying fundamental ergonomics to product design.
- Aesthetics, design function, and human factors.
- Product manufacturing and injection molded part design.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keyshot.
- 3D surface development using parametric CAD (Solidworks, NX, or Creo).
Up to 5% domestic and international travel required.
Partial weekly work from home is allowed on a regular basis.ID:uDnQdo