Principal Manufacturing Engineer – Metal Fab
Andover Ma, MA
Country:United States of America
Location:MA114: Andover MA 354 Lowell Suffolk 354 Lowell Street Suffolk, Andover, MA, 01810 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
Manufacturing Engineering provides technical expertise to numerous manufacturing and development programs within Raytheon. Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They analyze product specifications to determine optimal designs and processes to support customer requirements. Manufacturing Engineers execute across all phases of a program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support. You would apply your skills to develop, test, modify, and create solutions through a collaborative effort across multiple teams.
Primary responsibilities include developing the comprehensive manufacturing process for 3D metal parts for various radar, integrated sensor, and effector programs. The candidate will define materials, develop work holding solutions, create multi-axis CNC machining programs, develop inspection plans, and create process instructions for operators to follow. This position requires close cooperation with the Operations team and other engineering disciplines. The desired candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be capable of working in a dynamic team environment.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Translate engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation including raw material definition, fixturing/tooling development, CNC programming, inspection planning, finishing requirements, and assembly instructions.
Drive process improvements using data analysis, application of best practices, and by implementing innovative solutions to improve process capability and decrease cost.
Perform process development on new product introductions in support of accelerated time to market.
Optimize CNC programs using machining modeling and analysis tools.
Integrate automated solutions for part handling and in machine work holding.
Lead continuous improvement initiatives and document standard methodologies and standard work for CNC machining.
Provide technical expertise reviewing metrology and statistical process control (SPC) data.
Mentor teammates in cutting edge machining methods and tools.
Validate NC programs using CGTech Vericut.
Support the enterprise transition to model-based definition as it relates to CNC machining
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience OR in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with developing 4+ axis CNC machining programs for metal parts OR CMM inspection programs for metal parts.
- Experience with geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- 5 Axis CNC programming experience
- NX programming experience
- System design and integration experience.
- FANUC robot programming experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Creo CAD/CAM Software.
- Process familiarity with paint, plating, and structural assembly.
- Innovative mindset for continuous improvement keeping pace with advancements in technology.
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines.
- GD&T certification.
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as individually.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Active DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience with high-speed machining techniques, cutting tool technology, and machine tool capabilities to develop best in class CNC programs.
- Strong working knowledge of CNC machine tool capability, fixture design, and macro programming.
- Demonstrated experience with PFMEA, SPC, shop floor process monitoring, data collection and adaptive methods.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo