Principal Project Engineer
At SI Group, we aspire for all employees to live and work to their full potential. We foster a unique environment where each employee is empowered to create value for our business with a commitment to safety and compliance. We promote personal and professional success that aligns with productivity and extraordinary results. Become a Catalyst for Change and help ignite impossible.
The Principal Project Engineer, reporting to Manager - Plant Engineering, will execute capital projects for the site from conceptual phase through construction and closeout. Manage and provide technical support for projects with scopes that impact significant plant areas, scopes with multiple intertwined technical disciplines. These include Capital Projects and Plant Improvements/initiatives. Provide technical support to any and all areas of the plant, striving for continual improvements in plant safety, efficiency, and quality. This role may include large scope/capital projects and will require engineering leadership/mentoring and management of internal project resources to ensure successful completion of projects. This role may also include active negotiations with vendors, contractors, EPCs, etc.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Capital Project Management
- Manage Capital projects as assigned. Capital project execution will encompass all phases, from conception to close-out, including Scope Development, Cost Estimation, Justification and PAF, Schedule Development and Maintenance, Engineering & Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, and Start-up.
- Ensure that all affected Operating Groups are involved in all phases of a project, particularly in the critical Scope Development phase. Provide clear and timely communication to affected parties on project status, progress, and issues.
- Ensure that safety considerations are properly addressed and resolved through Safety Review meetings and PHA/MOC’s as appropriate.
- Ensure that environmental concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Ensure that project execution meets or exceeds industry and company technical standards.
- Ensure close adherence to project budget and schedule and communicate issues promptly.
- Ensure that all Project Close-out items are properly completed, including Training, Preventive Maintenance Implementation, and Project Documentation.
- Perform all work with a Can-Do attitude, striving for high quality, timely completion of projects.
- Provide engineering support for day-to-day troubleshooting and plant improvements throughout the plant.
- Provide plant support as a subject matter expert in at least one technical area (i.e. rotating equipment, instrumentation, civil/structural, etc.)
- Provide technical support to site incident investigations, PHA’s, MOC’s, Kaisen Events, process improvement initiatives, and equipment improvement initiatives as required.
- In all support work, promote and ensure compliance with safety standards and safe work practices.
Engineering Department Support
- As a subject matter expert, lead the maintenance and continual improvement of department standards and practices.
- Review and maintain Engineering Department procedures, standards, and documentation.
- Provide support for developing and maintaining department priorities and resource allocation.
- Effectively lead and motivate multifunctional teams engaging people acting as a role model.
Creating Extraordinary Starts With:
- Bachelor of Science degree, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Min 10 years of Project Engineering and Project Management experience in Process industry
- Strong MS-Excel, MS-Word and database skills
- Advanced business, management, or engineering degree beneficial
- AutoCAD/VISIO skills a plus
- Process Engineering background preferred
What We Value:
We strive for all employees to nurture physical, mental and emotional health both personally and professionally. Our commitment to health and wellness centers around prevention, early detection and embracing a healthy lifestyle. Some offerings may vary by role or region, but may include:
Physical Health benefits including competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision packages, company contribution to Health Savings Account, cash incentive for Annual Physical and reimbursement
Financial Wellness opportunities including company paid life insurance and disability plans, 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match, and certified Financial Planning & Investment services
Mental Health benefits including generous Paid Time Off and 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Bonding Leave, and much more! #LI-LL1