Principal Project Support Technician
Job DescriptionFluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley. This position assists in essential job duties and functions with the overall objective of working in a team environment consistently providing top-quality, technical and administrative support to projects from start-up to close-out, while maintain solid customer relationships.
• Assist with major project activities, including support of task force objectives and/or project milestones
• Participate in task force meetings
• Report directly to a task force project manager or project director
• Execute administrative tasks
• Ensure that project correspondence and project documentation are handled according to a prescribed format
• Assist in writing, editing, and updating the (Project) Procedure Manual and Job Bulletins
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• A combination of education and directly related experience equal to eight (8) years; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications• Proficient in use of Fluor specialized software programs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills, judgment, flexibility
• Strong leadership skills/team player
• Typically requires eight (8) years of project related experience
• Demonstrate proficiency on company standard personal computer equipment and software with the ability to train others
Other Job Requirements• Serve as a Company representative to external clients
• Participate in Fluor University for training and career development
• Participate in the Administrative Support Knowledge Community as a Subject Matter Expert
• Provide feedback on personnel performance and development
• Participate and facilitate department/project meetings and training
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.