Principal Quality Engineer – Non Destructive
Principal Quality Engineer - NDE
Your Day to Day:
- Plan, organize and implement quality programs related to in-process and final product as manufactured at SMP, Westinghouse’s Western Zirconium Plant, including product inspections and associated records, specifically those pertaining to NDE inspections.
- Identification and resolution of significant product, process, hardware and software quality issues pertaining to NDE inspections on in-process and final materials.
- Application of quality control techniques and statistical methods for collection of deficiency and maintenance information to identify failure causes and trends, rate performance and measure effectiveness of NDE quality assurance programs.
- Drive continuous improvement projects pertinent to the implementation, deployment and maintenance of the NDE program.
- Lead & co-ordinate NDT related requirements, including training.
- In-depth-knowledge of SNT-TC-1A regarding training personnel including testing and certification.
- Capable of establishing techniques, procedures, calibration standards; interpreting codes, standards, specifications, and procedures; and designating the test methods, techniques, and procedures to be used.
- Sufficient practical background in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology to establish techniques and to assist in establishing acceptance criteria where none are otherwise available.
- Have general familiarity with other appropriate NDT methods and shall be responsible for the training, examination, qualification, and certification of Level I, II, visual and dimensional personnel.
- Understanding of ultrasonic testing using immersion technique.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- **Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering**
- Minimum of Eight years of applicable experience required; manufacturing experience, with previous NDE testing and supervision experience preferred.