Principal Software Engineer (C/C++)
Woburn Ma, MA
Country:United States of America
Location:MA311: Woburn MA 225 Presidential 225 Presidential Way Goddard Building 27, Woburn, MA, 01801 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The Software Products Engineering (SPE) organization develops software applications, including integration and test on missiles, launchers, radars, naval systems, fire control and other complex systems. Our precision software and firmware integrates operating systems, device drivers, networking, and control software to bring together sensor, guidance, and flight control processing features to complete the mission. SPE is responsible for all aspects of the software development life-cycle. Our 2000+ software engineers design, develop, and build innovative solutions for our customers. Join our fast-paced agile teams on the leading edge of technology.
This is your opportunity to join the Missile Defense Radar Software Department as a Principal Software Engineer in Woburn, Massachusetts. The Principal Software Engineer provides technical domain knowledge for development of software in an Agile development environment.
The Missile Defense Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Radar Software for our customer's wide array of Surveillance and Warning Systems. We align to the core Agile and DevSecOps principles of collaborative operation across the entire value stream, delivering high-frequency, high-quality deployments to our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Architect, design, develop, integrate, deploy and sustain integrated radar data processing and display applications written in C/C++ and Java.
- Manage the cost, schedule and technical performance of a team of software engineers.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for a team of software engineers.
- Prioritize and manage backlog of tasks focusing on Minimally Viable Products to satisfy customer needs.
- Manage competing priorities associated with troubleshooting, site sustainment, development of new capabilities and technical refreshes.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field and 8+ years of experience. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience. In absence of a degree, a minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience using C/C++
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software development experience in a DoD environment
- 5 years Linux experience
- 4 years real-time software development experience
- Exposure to Agile frameworks such as scrum and DevSecOps.
- Experience with ClearCase, Git or other Configuration Management Systems.
- Experience with DOORS, Jira or other Requirements Tracking Systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating systems.
- Oversight of cost, schedule and technical performance of a software team.
- Experience with Software Leadership and/or Software Architecture on complex, large scale systems.
- Experience on XBR, AN/TPY-2, COBRA DANE, QEWR, UEWR, SRP or radar data processing domain knowledge.
- Experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master or related industry certification.
- Experience in display development in Java and/or X-Motif.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Systems Tool Kit (STK).
- Experience with CORBA.
- Experience with Python, Perl and/or Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, Coverity and/or other DevOps tools.
- Experience with real-time, multi-threaded systems.
- Familiarity with Model Based Engineering.
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements.
- Experience with Software Development in a DoD environment.
- Experience with cost estimation and/or developing government technical proposals.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles and metrics.
- Familiarity with Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) (particularly associated with PDR and CDR).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements.
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Active Secret Clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in Woburn, Massachusetts. Living in Massachusetts means you’ll have easy access to the ocean and locations of historical significance. You can enjoy varied outdoor activities ranging from hiking and camping to cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Massachusetts is recognized as one of the best states to call “home.”
Launch of Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125) | Ingalls Shipbuilding - YouTube
Face to Face: Meet the Navy's Air and Missile Defense Radar - YouTube
Employee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms