Principal Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Are you tired of writing code in a vacuum, where the only sound you hear is the echo of your own thoughts? Wouldn’t you rather work in an environment where the concept of TEAM means everything? In this role you’ll help lead a team of developers who design world class solutions, who strive to delight our customers with every thing we do. At Collins Aerospace, we’re proud to say that every second an aircraft takes off with Collins Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. We start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. Is there a cooler company to work for than that?
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. We think that means YOU!
For this role you must be a commutable distance from Rockford, IL to work a hybrid schedule reporting on-site as needed. This position is eligible for relocation.
What YOU will do:
- You will work in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify) of embedded software for control of electric power systems.
- You will certify work to aerospace standards (DO178 is typical, levels A to C)
- You will work on multi-year projects, not just simple 90 day or even one year timelines. Translation: your work will matter for a LONG time!
- You will use your technical strength in C and MATLAB, developing with a modern model-based software methodology.
What YOU will learn:
- You will learn about generator control and aerospace certification standards.
- You will learn leadership skills that will make your resume SHINE!
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience OR an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. Person (U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required
Skills you must have:
- Previous professional experience of software architectures and the C coding language.
- Experience in embedded software development/verification, preferably using DO178 or similar industry standards.
- Full life cycle software development experience including planning, decomposition of system requirements to high level software requirements, low level requirements, architecture, code, verification, and certification.
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior software engineers in working within defined development plans, certification plans, and coding standards.
Skills we value:
- Knowledge of Assembly, JAVA, ADA, Python, XML, Tcl/Tk languages
- Experience with Model Based Development such as MathWorks
- Low level OS Platform integration, board support package integration (device drivers, I/O)
- Experience with configuration, change and requirements management tools such as Polarion and SVN, IBM Rational Synergy Change and DOORS, DXL
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definition as you apply for this role.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo