Principal Software Engineer, Onsite [Real-time]
West University, TX
Country:United States of America
Location:TX190: 2501 West University, McKinney 2501 West University , McKinney, TX, 75070 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
The Silent Knight Product Team at Raytheon provides the joint warfighter with actionable input into Terrain Following/ Terrain Avoidance Systems. By joining the Silent Knight team as a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and test product capabilities for Pilot Situational Awareness via the Silent Knight Radar.
Explore our opportunities: https://careers.rtx.com/global/en/raytheon-north-texas-location
You’re highly skilled in:
- 8 years of professional software development experience.
- Design, implementation, and verification of real-time embedded software.
- Linux and C/C++ programming experience.
- Demonstrated experience with direct control of hardware devices and registers.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development or integration issues using innovative solutions.
- Must have an Active or Current DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Must be able to work onsite at McKinney, TX.
- Typically requires degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience.
You’re a great match with:
- Experience with DevSecOps pipeline implementation and utilization, including Static Code Analysis, Automated Build, and Automated Test techniques.
- Experience developing and integrating software for a large Radar or other sensor system.
- Experience as liaison between customer and product development team
What’s in it for you:
- Raytheon ranked #16 on LinkedIn’s Top Companies for 2021.
- Flexible work schedules, possibilities for remote work, one week paid company shut down in December.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo