The Process Engineer will drive operational improvements in Teslin and Silica areas, to manage small to medium sized improvement projects, and employ process improvement techniques such as process and data analysis, design of experiment studies, QAT leadership to improve safety, quality, and cost. These efforts are geared towards improving safety, increasing production rates, increasing first run capability, improving equipment reliability and decreasing customer complaints and overall improvement of plant financial performance!
- Resolve repeat problems, use new techniques and designs, maintain projects, improve procedures, and train operational associates in an overall effort to improve asset performance.
- Provide equipment-troubleshooting assistance to solve daily issues. To facilitate this process the you needs to use quality improvement tools.
- Assume a support role in the Teslin and Silica area operations.
- Responsible for new product development and product improvement as assigned by the Operations Engineering Manager or the Department Manager.
- Use the management of change process, develop the execution of trial plans, educate and train operations personnel, analyze follow-up data and issue trial reports for plant trials.
- Ensures that new product transfers are integrated into the current product mix along with meeting customer and plant expectations.
- Provide environmental, health &safety leadership by taking a lead role in resolving high-risk tasks and ergonomic improvements.
- Improve the quality through the support of the ISO9000:2001 program, taking the lead role on assigned Quality Action Teams and process improvement projects to eliminate the causes of product quality defects related to the post extrusion web-handling portion of the TESLIN® Substrate process.
- Support the cost improvement through small projects to improve the yield of the processes.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, polymer engineering, or chemical engineering and five years maintenance or manufacturing experience in a paper or thin-film manufacturing environment.
- decision making and communication with multiple salary and wage associates.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Experience with Foxboro and Allen Bradley controls
- Work experience or formal training in web handling of paper or films
- Experience applying Sigma Logic skills in an industrial setting.
- Needs to have a skill level Windows, Word, and Outlook.