Battle Creek, MI
** A RESUME IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
The person filling this position will be responsible for leading new product launches for OEMs by accomplishing such tasks as creating new processes, machine, jigs and tools for new production introduction, capacity increases & improvements and various other activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead new product launches for OEMs
- Create new processes, machines, jigs and tools for new product introduction, capacity increase and improvements.
- Design ergonomic workstations, lines, and tools to minimize safety risk.
- Decide assembly line or cell concept based on product design characteristics and process requirements.
- Design process layout and change existing facility layout to accommodate new equipment and plant layout reformation projects.
- Establish prototype processes that are utilized to learn and develop the mass production process.
- Estimate labor and investment costs based on product concept to quote new business.
- Suggest product design changes to optimize manufacturing safety, quality and efficiency.
- Use PFMEA tool to identify potential product and process failures.
- Design and implement quality control systems that minimize risk.
- Effectively train production management and associates how to perform a task.
- Create and give presentations for key New product Introduction meetings and prototype development
- Work to improve processes. Show payback and achieve executive approval for proposals considering cost, quality and delivery.
- Support mass production processes.
- Create and maintain PFMEA and Control Plan documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/or Electrical Engineering OR
- 8 years equivalent professional experience OR
- 4 years equivalent professional experience AND an associated degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work onsite or remotely when required
- Work independently and/or with cross functional teams
- Highly motivated and technically competent.
- Innovative problem-solver that incorporates plan, do, check, action methods.
- Strong self and project management skills (ability to manage multiple projects concurrently).
- Ability to collect, analyze, and effectively use relevant data.
- Travel internationally (to support other group DENSO companies, customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Work nonstandard hours to support international meetings
- Work with diverse groups at various levels
- Experience justifying and receiving approval of capital expenditures.
- Proficient with 2D/3D CAD software (AutoCAD and SolidWorks).
- Nocolok/CAB brazing knowledge and ability to analyze temperature profiles (Datapaq Furnace Tracker)
- Heat Exchanger manufacturing process experience (tube forming, core assembly, He leak testing)
- Experience in high volume manufacturing in automotive or relevant field
- Ability to read and understand GD&T, understanding of customer expectations (e.g. process documentation, quality standards, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in project leadership.
- Experience with Robots and machine controls
- PFMEA & CONTROL PLAN development experience, knowledgeable of IATF requirements.
- Hands-on individual with basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with 4% company match
- Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Onsite Fitness Center (vary by location)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development and Ongoing Training
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Cafeteria and food markets (vary by location)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee recognition (employee and milestone events)