Gibbs Wire & Steel Co., Inc.
- Communicate effectively between sales, production, and quality to ensure that material meets customer and internal acceptability standards.
- Disposition Production Holds and quality concerns of in-process material to appropriate parties.
- Maintain the “Quality Inspection System (QIS).” Address all concerns in a timely manner. Conduct both new hire and refresher QIS training as dictated by management.
- Analyze Production Holds and QIS’s for trends and communicate findings to both engineering and management.
- Utilizing QT9, develop and manage Production’s Training Program.
- Write work instructions and procedures for Manufacturing teams and equipment.
- Determine root causes and corrective actions of both internal and external rejected material.
- Utilize various lean six sigma problem solving skills to accurately identify and eliminate problematic root causes.
- Maintain the continuous improvement program and determine the feasibility and implementation of CI suggestions.
- Maintain proficiency regarding the allocation and routing of material.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and present production and process data, information, and trends to management.
- Generate reports, manual and automated, that effectively communicate the state of production via the department’s KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Production regarding tooling life and design to ensure effective production methods.
- Schedule machine work as required by management.
- Recommend changes that lead to improvements in product quality, process effectiveness and/or lower cost of manufacture
- Champion all safety rules, regulations, and procedures
- Wear all required PPE
- Report incidents, near misses, and safety hazards
- Promote safety culture
- Be able to work well in teams
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to problem solve effectively
- Have basic computer skills
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Power Term
- Lift, carry, push, or pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for almost the entirety of the shift.