Process Engineer – Port Clinton
Fenner Dunlop Americas, LLC
Port Clinton, OH
In House Steel Cord Belting Specialist. Generating Set-up instructions, in house real time monitoring of production, testing, and shipping of steel cord, and in house steel cord contact person pertaining to in house production, external FDA personnel and customer contact as needed.
- Responsible for driving productivity through process simplification and improvements.
- Analyze processes and product for maximizing yield, reducing scrap and defects.
- Develop, configure and optimize processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions to comply with ISO 9001-2000 standards
- Review quality concerns or issues and facilitate adequate corrective action as required.
- Provide troubleshooting and assistance for production crew.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Professional behavior is required during working hours, while on customer's sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business.
Scope of Responsibility
- This position is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and control of manufacturing processes and capabilities for a manufacturing facility, employing 100+ employees, with approximately $7 million in sales per month.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of an Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Process Control or Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment is required.
Preferred Education & Experience
- ISO 9001 experience
- Understanding of problem solving and quality improvement tools (Six Sigma, Lean Principles, etc)
- Familiarity with Industrial controls, standards, and practices
- Familiarity with PLC's, HMI's, Ladder Logic, and controls safety
- Drafting and or CAD experience
- General Project Management Skills (MS Project a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical, Interpersonal, Mechanical & Organizational Skills
- Change Agent
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Drafting & Design
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Project Management
- Use of Hand Tools
- Verbal Communications
- Written Communications
- Lotus Notes
- Machine Operations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Work Independently
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Frequent manual dexterity
- Must possess driver's license
- Sedentary work
- Travel of 10-25%
- Exposure to hazards
- Work in varying atmospheric and physical conditions