Process Engineer Pryor OK
This engineering position will serve as the process owner for all Gelcoat and Emulsion operations at the Pryor facility. He / She is responsible for understanding the manufacturing process and applying engineering principles and problem-solving skills to improve quality, performance, and operational efficiency. The process engineer will work closely with the Pryor technical team and corporate engineering on assigned projects, procedures, and improvements.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for adherence to all safety rules in order to accomplish safety objectives.
- Responsible for systematic manufacturing performance improvement in areas of efficiency, quality, and process optimization.
- Conducts root cause analysis when plant or equipment issues arise. Implements corrective and preventative actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Conducts optimization studies, capacity analysis, and performs detailed engineering analysis of working areas, systems, and process equipment.
- Reviews manufacturing trends to identify areas where improvement is needed and leads teams to determine / implement solutions.
- Experiments with existing processes and work flows to make recommendations on potential improvements.
- Works with manufacturing to enhance processes, procedures, changeover time, and to standardize the process for consistency.
- Works with quality / R&D teams to enhance formulas, processes, and quality.
- Manages small to medium capital projects in conjunction with process improvement activities.
- Assists with leadership of Process Safety Management (PSM) programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical or mechanical preferred).
- 2+ years prior experience in manufacturing or process engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in managing within Quality programs such as ISO 9001
- Experienced in applying continuous improvement programs such as SPC/SQC, Six Sigma, and Lean preferred
- Proficient in various software including, MiniTab, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Sound chemical process engineering skills demonstrated through the use of calculations and modeling to understand processing parameters for design, operations, and improvement.
- Practical plant operations knowledge obtained through hands-on participation.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical process equipment and technologies, such as agitation and mixing, transfer pumps, heat transfer systems, instrumentation, industrial electrical systems, and plant automation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze data, and use quantitative information to drive priority and decision making
- Demonstrated meeting facilitation and project management skills.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Proven ability to apply innovative solutions to product design and processes.
- Strong presentation and innovative skills.
- Ability to provide leadership for technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment.
- Punctuality and regularity of attendance are job requirements.