ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
We are looking to add a Technical Process Engineer to provide services to the Paper mill areas. The Technical Department is primarily responsible for product development, support of process optimization and cost reduction initiatives.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Optimize product cost/quality/productivity
- Utilize various techniques to resolve production and process problems
- Statistical analysis of process and trial data
- Utilization of Lean Six Sigma principles
- Design, execute, analyze raw material/process trials
- Interface with operations and field services to optimize product quality
- Utilize process information systems to extract/analyze data
- Communicate with and take direction from both Technical and Operations management
- Actively identify and prioritize areas of opportunity
- Design, implement and optimize solutions in complex systems
- Participate as a team member in capital improvements
- Provide interim support for operations
- Design, execute product development trials and analyze results
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; Chemical Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science preferred
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities. Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model ND Paper values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.