Process Team Leader
Green Plains, Inc.
Summary: In this position, you will lead and direct production personnel on site on all aspects of the ethanol and co-products production in the plant. You will be responsible for the operating parameters of the plant during their shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule, monitor and oversee the daily tasks of the production team on plant site.
- Delegate duties as the need arises.
- Exercise good judgment in determining operating procedures on your shift within your authority.
- Be alert to the causes and effects of all operating changes made.
- An understanding of all the process equipment and know what action to take for process equipment failures.
- Train production personnel on new procedures and inform them of changes to current procedures.
- Develop and/or recommend training schedules for each associate to the Operations Manager.
- Initiate Work Requests in the CMMS software as they are determined.
- Ensure all production personnel are using the company required Personal Protective Equipment and are following safety regulations including Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Properly document any accidents and/or injuries including required notification
- Prepare all log books, transfer sheets and inventory sheets in an accurate and complete manner.
- Review log book, inventory sheets, monthly reports and process computer prior to relieving the Team Leader on the previous shift.
- Suggest disciplinary action of production personnel as dictated in the personnel policy manual to the Operations Manager and Plant Manager.
- Keep the plant in a "Tour Ready" condition at all times.
- Oversee the general sanitation of all production areas.
- Verify that all radios are checked in and out at the beginning of each shift.
- Complete daily rounds sheets after inspection.
- Communicate with the maintenance department to schedule required projects.
- Aides Operations Manager in writing performance evaluations.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well with others and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to supervise others and monitor their work flow.
- Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of the Company.
- Good working knowledge of basic computer functions and Microsoft software
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements of FRA, TTB and state regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 50 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.