PROCESS / TECHNICAL WRITER
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Process / Technical Writer role is responsible for overseeing the operational processes of the Procure to Pay organization to support business functions and client requirements. The Materials Process Writer will focus on creating, reviewing and reorganizing technical end user-facing procedures and reference documents. Evaluate the efficiency of workflow procedures, identify inconsistencies, and revise processing techniques as needed to improve deliverables and maximize productivity. Ensure technical accuracy and compliance with all company standards, processes, and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead or participate in developing documentation or document publishing strategy, policy and guidelines.
- Participate in establishing guidelines, conduct procedure audits and manage procedure timeline and pipeline.
- Ability to assess and recommend improvements to project execution procedures, tools and technologies
- Identify need for and assist in developing procedure and tool training
- Author, creates, revises and reviews procedures
- Research, organize, and create content while working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Create and maintain documentation templates that adhere to organizational standards
- Develop helpful content outside of our standard documentation repositories in other mediums such as training videos, and certification tests
- Recommend and document business procedures and best practices, identifying process gaps and offering alternatives.
- Develop process maps that visually depict the steps in a process
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and, where appropriate, external
- Understand the organization’s business processes and procedures
- Work with process owners and subject matter experts to document as-is and to-be processes
- Work on special projects as needed
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, computer science, and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in writing and managing procedure and process documents for a wide variety of audiences
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Visio skills
- Experience working in a procurement, supply chain, planning, material management position
- Ability to demonstrate effective technical writing skills
- Proven track record of understanding complex subject matter
- Experience working with Stakeholders from a variety of departments with the goals of improving user experience, auditing content, and creating concise technical support content that is easy to understand
- Experience using multiple word processing, document and process creation tools
- Experience with Power BI
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of Procurement processes, Industry Standards and Supplier Management
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills; ability to influence
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task with proven record of meeting deadlines
- Must be flexible with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment and quickly adapt to operational requirements
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local hub
This role may require domestic and potentially international travel of up to: 10-25%ID:uDnQdo