Amsted Industries, Inc.
Kansas City, KS
We currently have an opening for a Processing Supervisor – onsite at our Kansas City, KS facility on our overnight shift (11 pm to 7 am). Salary dependent on skills and experience, range starts at $75k.
The Processing Supervisor is responsible for processing wheels through hot wheel line, heat treatment, and inspection and finishing areas as well as maintenance of equipment. The Processing Supervisor will also be required to become a qualified wheel inspector and inspect wheels as needed.
- Plan, organize and schedule work to minimize production interruptions and meet department production objectives.
- Responsible for effective supervision of others and application of company policies and practices.
- Maintain sound employee relations.
- Resolution of employee issues.
- Ensuring workplace safety.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Any other duties as required
- Due to the nature of this position, regular and reliable attendance is required, including scheduled overtime work as required to meet production demands and coverage need.
Job Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent required with additional higher education and training preferred.
- Must be available to work schedules as required.
- Willingness to cross train as required.
- Ability to display proficiency in the technical aspects of the area assigned and/or successfully complete required tests.
- Minimum of two years manufacturing experience and prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on adaptability, coaching, motivational fit, planning and organizing, work management, gaining commitment, initiative, contributing to team success, quality/attention to detail, communications (oral & written), safety awareness, technical strength and experience and potential for future advancement.
Culture & Environment:
Our environment is one that embraces new ideas and strives to make process improvements. You will be working for a leading manufacturing, dynamic and progressive organization in which every individual works towards a collective goal of growth, development in a team environment.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Amsted Rail is a Drug Free Work Place and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amsted Rail’s commitment to Affirmative Action:
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To review our EEO Policies or to request assistance please go to www.amstedrail.com/careers/ and select EEO Compliance/Statements.ID:uDnQdo