Lhoist North America
RESPECT to people, COURAGE to be pioneers and raise the bar, and always demonstrating INTEGRITY and authenticity. Do these core values align with yours? If so, Lhoist North America may be the place for you! We are a company that believes our people make it happen and rewards talent by offering opportunities to further develop your knowledge and interests. Within our organization, we offer safety first environments, collaboration across teams, diverse and inclusive workspaces all while challenging each other to grow.
Lhoist North America’s internship program provides real world work experience and the opportunity to work on projects that directly impact the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Complete project(s) outlined in the Project Plan developed by management.
- Be flexible; able to support team in handling “short/no notice” demands.
- Proactively seek work and opportunities to learn.
- Professionally communicate with various levels in the organization.
- Openly communicate with your manager and/or mentor regarding project status, roadblocks encountered, and goals met.
- Work in an efficient and effective manner, helping to continuously improve processes at your work location.
- Assimilate to Lhoist culture by:
- Displaying our corporate values of Respect, Integrity, and Courage.
- Working safely (possibly around heavy equipment).
- Being a valued team member.
- Formally present project overview to Senior Leaders and to local management at the close of the program.
- Be curious and eager/open to learning new skills.
- Participate in all Intern Program related activities (i.e., orientation, mid-term session, closing session, completion of forms, etc.)
- Ability to transport themselves to and from work location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Curious & open to feedback.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Able to interact with different levels of seniority.
- Effective communication; both orally and in writing.
- High learning agility.
- Languages: English is mandatory. Bilingual a plus.
- Willingness to travel, if necessary.
- Completion of 2 consecutive years of college level coursework in related field preferred.
- No prior internship required but preferred.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.