Procurement Internship – External Manufacturing Coordinator
Idahoan Foods, LLC
Idaho Falls, ID
September - December
M - F / 8 - 5 (potential for some flexibility)
Develops production plan for all contract manufacturing sites, in collaboration with contract manufacturing partners and in accordance with sales forecast and material constraints while maintaining optimal inventory levels to service our customers. These responsibilities include managing the finished goods levels of service as well as the raw packaging components needed across multiple sites both domestically and internationally. Verifying and ordering of supplies, packaging materials, WIP, and all other Idahoan supplied items for the contract manufacturing sites. The incumbent works and communicates frequently with personnel at all levels within contract manufacturing sites, warehouses, purchasing and vendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create weekly/monthly Production Orders for each external manufacturing based on current demand plan.
- Create Supplier Purchase Orders to meet contract manufacturing needs based on current demand plan
- Regular communication with capacity analyst regarding planning of raw materials needed to support the production plan.
- Lead weekly operational meeting with internal and external manufacturing teams to discuss key metrics, production plans and address any issues that may arise.
- Evaluate capacity options and availability for new product initiatives occurring at a contract manufacturer.
- Collaborate with storage and logistics functions to maintain appropriate inventory levels in the needed locations to support long term sales expectations.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining cost accounting of BOM for current and new externally manufactured products.
- Coordinate all necessary production ingredients, raw materials, and packaging materials for contract manufacturing operations.
- Ensure Idahoan’s quality requirements are met through all processes and documentation.
- Provide information to Planning and Procurement on ordering demand for backflush items, packaging items and ingredient needs. Communicate with buyers on any scheduling changes that will affect purchasing outcomes or demand requirements.
- Provide input into mid and long term production plan on a monthly basis for S&OP, integrating the updated sales forecast with current inventory levels to set production targets and evaluate sales opportunities for the business. Evaluate the effects sales and production variations on long-term plan continuously.
- Addresses and escalates issues quickly in a professional manner as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Other projects as assigned.
Experience: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or three years’ experience in a production or Procurement / supply chain environment.
Language Skills: Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, polices, procedures and correspondence. The ability to conduct professional presentations and respond to questions from managers and senior executives.
Computer Skills: Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems is also required. Microsoft D365 experience is a plus
Reasoning Ability: Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience, and common sense for processes and employees. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Environmental/Physical aspects: The position is located in a corporate business office environment with moderate noise levels and requires sitting at a desk for extended periods and walking from point to point.
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. of various materials.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alignment with Core Values & Competencies of the Company
Respect & Value Our People
• Instill trust
• Develop myself & others
• Inspire a shared vision
• Communicate effectively
Stay in Front of Challenge While Reducing Costs
• Challenge the status quo
• Connect the dots
• Grow in business acumen
Delight Our Customers
• Drive results
• Incite curiosity
• Seek collaboration
Food Quality & Safety
• Embrace accountability
• Achieve our best
• Be partner & customer focused