Product Center Manufacturing Engineer (Hybrid)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military engines, is seeking talented manufacturing engineers to join our organization. This position is within Pratt & Whitney’s Connecticut based Machining and Fabrication Product Center Supplier Mfg. Engineering organization. The manufacturing engineer will support part manufacturing in our supplier base as we ramp production on our Geared Turbo Fan and F135 engine programs along with delivering spare parts for our legacy military and commercial engines.
This position is for an experienced engineer to provide guidance and expertise at our various suppliers producing various Machining and Fabrication parts. This position will report directly to the Supplier Mfg. Engineering Manager
- Supporting suppliers with manufacturing methods and processes necessary for machining, sheet metal, forming, forging, and processing on complex engine parts.
- Assessment of Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) in support of manufacturing reviews including UPPAP, PFMEA, Process Control Plan activities.
- Support VCAB related execution actions and milestones through account specialist and suppliers resulting in reduced impact to part deliveries.
- Provide manufacturing producibility input to designs and part family process standards. Identifying and addressing long term recommendations that will lead to a reduction in throughput times and increase quality. Evaluate supplier manufacturing readiness and proactively support and resolve readiness issues.
- Identify & implement supplier process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs, including automation and robotics.
- Review process yields and rates and make suggestions for improvement. Participate in manufacturing reviews, transitions, new product introduction reviews and manufacturing standard work improvements.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement. Provide urgent manufacturing support for critical supplier issues, troubleshooting quality issues and assist suppliers with root cause and corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and 5 years of manufacturing industry experience; OR Associate degree and 7 years of manufacturing industry experience; OR in lieu of education, 9 years of relevant experience can be considered.
- U.S. Citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering background and shop operations experience
- Experience in sheet metal forming, assembly, welding, turning, milling, and drilling
- Knowledge of manufacturing and inspection methods, process controls, Lean or Six Sigma tools
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.The salary range for this role is 77,000 USD - 163,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo