Product Design Engineer
Crown Point, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Precision Turbo and Engine (a Wabtec Company) is one of the world's foremost manufacturers of high performance, aftermarket turbochargers. In addition to a line of high-performance turbochargers, wastegates, heat exchangers, and fuel injectors, we are also a top distributor for many other performance products such as fuel system components, stand-alone engine management systems, and data acquisition systems.
Our Development Engineer works with a close team of experienced individuals responsible for designing, developing, validating and releasing a wide range of turbo chargers, turbocharger components, boost control products, and supporting system components. Communication skills are critical, as communicating with plant personnel is vital for quality systems that meet all technical and turbocharger build and performance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and propose new products based on customer requirements and demand
- Analyze design through FEA and CFD tools
- Release final designs for manufacturing
- Represent products in vendor and/or customer contacts
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Implement engineering changes
- Work closely with purchasing and suppliers to ensure highest level of quality on finished goods
- Review product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Work with Quality Management to ensure ISO 9001 is maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of Development/Design Engineer experience in a Turbomachinery environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of design development, manufacturing and assembly operations, engineering processes and procedures
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise, and create solutions.
- 3D design skills required. Solidworks proficiency a plus
- Proficient in FEA and CFD Ansys or other
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Turbomachinery experience
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Employee is regularly required to wear safety glasses
- Requires daily face-to-face interaction with employees in an office environment and production line.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office and production environments. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to loud noise.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.ID:uDnQdo