Product Developer, Collaborations & Special Projects
Kontoor Brands, Inc.
Who We Are:
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (KTB) is the parent company of Wrangler®, Lee® and Rock & Republic®, with owned manufacturing facilities in Mexico and Nicaragua. Kontoor also owns and operates over 140 retail stores across the globe. Our global company employs more than 15,000 people in 65 countries, with world headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina, and regional headquarters in Geneva and Hong Kong.
Product Developer- Special Projects & Collaborations
Kontoor Brands is currently seeking a Product Developer who will be supporting and managing our Special Projects and Collaborations for our Wrangler Brand. The Product Developer will be responsible for managing an efficient product development process, overseeing sampling accuracy, achieving preliminary cost margin targets, and on-time calendar management through final pre-production approvals to deliver product execution true to Design aesthetic intent.
- Partner closely with Design on seasonal line development to ensure alignment throughout the development process executing to product aesthetic and intent
- Work in coordination with Pattern/Tech Design to generate on-time, accurate and complete technical specification packages and in conjunction with Fabric/Wash teams to engineer the best quality products
- Organize all sample order requests to suppliers to meet calendar due dates. Ensure all development and product sampling activities are tracked and delivered on-time for briefs, protos, salesman, pre-production size sets approvals to final manufacturing-ready product
- Manage efficient, streamlined work flow processes and working tools for optimal execution accuracy, shortening lead times, lower minimums and costs. Operate and support current and future new business system management of new systems. Standardize and institute best practices where possible
- Evaluate and submit on-time, accurate development product costing in adherence to critical calendar milestones and margin goals. Analyze costs to margin expectations and identify/provide viable cost saving opportunities
- Identify and assess best mill sources/vendor partners appropriate to the Brand in line with product strategies and capability/capacity needs to enable category growth, new product opportunities and market innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree in product development, design, or technical design
- Technical college textile related field preferred
- Apparel product development/sourcing/manufacturing work experience
- In-depth apparel industry knowledge particularly in Denim
- High proficiency with MS Office applications (Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Word)
- Efficient time management in multi-tasking priorities and meeting calendar deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills
- Result-driven and service-oriented team player
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Why Kontoor Brands?
At Kontoor, we offer a comprehensive benefit package to fit your lifestyle and our benefits are crafted with the same care as our products.
When our employees are healthy, secure and well, they bring their best selves to work. Kontoor Brands supports you with a competitive benefits program that provides choice and flexibility to meet your and your family’s needs – now and in the future. We offer resources to support your physical, emotional, social and financial wellbeing, plus benefits like discounts on our apparel. Kontoor Brands also provides four weeks of Paid Parental Leave to eligible employees who are new parents, Flexible Fridays and tuition reimbursement.
Our Kontoor D&I Mission
At Kontoor, we believe that D&I is a key enabler to a culture that empowers us to work with passion and confidence, shaping our brand and future.
Our Kontoor D&I Commitment
- Create a global workforce of high-performing teams that both unlocks our individual uniqueness and harnesses our collaborative talents
- Ensure an equitable environment that attracts & promotes diverse workforce
- Foster inclusivity, ensuring employees feel they can bring their whole selves to work