Product Developer I – Teva & Sanuk
Deckers Outdoor Corp.
At Deckers Brands, Together, Every Step is a promise kept that every employee can bring their authentic self, is valued and supported, as a whole person, at work and beyond. Together, Every Step is how we continue to deliver exceptional business results, experience an amazing place to work, and have a positive impact on the communities and world around us.
Job Title: Product Developer I – Teva & Sanuk
Reports to: Director, Product Development – Emerging Brands
Location: Goleta, CA
The Product Developer I is a proactive project manager able to communicate effectively with people across functions and geographies. The Product Developer I will support all stages of product creation by driving the development process from the design stage through GTM milestones to the timely approval of production confirmation samples. An excellent candidate for this role is detail-oriented, responsive, and solution-driven with an ability to anticipate needs while looking for improvements.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the product creation process from brief stage and design through final prototyping and samples. Execute development projects according to critical timelines and cost/margin targets.
- Accurately managing the Bill of Materials (BOM) for all assigned projects per expected timelines.
- Facilitating communication with key stakeholders to drive on-time decision-making.
- Anticipating and conceptualizing challenges with lasts, tech packages, CADs, and tooling for potential construction, material, fit & wear, and costing concerns.
- Assisting in the diagnosis of fit/wear test and commercialization issues to ensure that product will deliver on-time in good quality.
- Striving for continuous improvement in all areas of product creation.
- Managing assigned product confirmation samples to ensure all buy dates are achieved.
Who You Are
- A task-oriented project manager able to work in a complex global organization satisfying the needs of diverse constituents with competing deadlines and priorities.
- A proactive self-starter with a solution-driven, creative, problem-solving approach.
- A clear and concise communicator with an inclusive, team-oriented perspective.
- Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and adapt to changing needs.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in the footwear industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and FlexPLM or similar PLM system.
- Experience creating product Specifications.
- Understanding of material applications for product use.
- General knowledge of costing, constructions, fit testing, and last development.
What We'll Give You
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle by offering health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our flexible plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Financial planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses, and invest in the long-term future.
- Competitive pay and bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Growth and development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of unique extras for every lifestyle.
$80,000 - $85,000
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Goleta, CA location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.