Product Development Manager
Tarkett USA, Inc.
The Product Development Manager role leads development efforts throughout the soft surface manufacturing processes as well as provides manufacturing support analyzing data concerned with products/processes to provide recommendations for improvement or solutions to identified problems in order to meet company goals and customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor daily status of line development including production, design, and technical design. Must fully understand textile manufacturing process to ensure compliance to all lead times.
- Create product specifications and material requirements for new products, samples and selling channels.
- Analyze yarn and carpet dna and construction, working with manufacturing to ensure target costs are achieved, and understand fabric and yarn costs.
- May lead the process for implementing recommendations/solutions through the product development, planning, manufacturing, and sales areas.
- Participate in process improvement efforts based on key drivers of satisfaction. Develop and revise standard operational and working practices and observe to ensure compliance with standards and quality requirements.
- Actively participate in cost control and budgeting for the product management function. Work closely with the management team to coordinate activities related to cost control.
- Review impact of new designs/ styling against the current product portfolio and analyze incremental opportunity versus increase in business manufacturing complexity
- Develop innovative solutions that standardize established running line products’ materials, manufacturing processes, and routings improving the overall business’ cost, efficiency, and performance
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job
- 5+ years of experience in an environment of comparable size and diversity highly preferred
- Must be organized and structured. Possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues/projects at one time and communicate status and resolution effectively and in a timely manner
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) and CAMS.
What We Offer
A commitment that Safety is #1
Competitive benefits, pay, and retirement plan options!
Career growth, stability, and flexible work arrangements.
Responsible Manufacturing – Protecting Our Planet for the Future
We utilize renewable energy and a closed loop recycled water process.
We are committed to reducing greenhouse emissions and water consumption.
We are the only flooring company recognized by the Asthma and Allergy foundation.
Who we are:
With a history of 140 years, Tarkett is a worldwide leader in innovative flooring and sport surface solutions with 12,000 employees and 34 industrial sites. Offering a wide range of products including vinyl, linoleum, rubber, carpet, wood, laminate, artificial turf, and athletic tracks. The Group serves customers in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Committed to change the game with circular economy and to reducing its carbon footprint, the Group has implemented an eco-innovation strategy based on Cradle to Cradle® principles, fully aligned with its Tarkett Human-Conscious Design® approach.
Tarkett is listed on Euronext (Compartment B, ISIN FR0004188670, ticker: TKTT). www.tarkett-group.com
Tarkett is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences and promote an inclusive workplace where all employees can perform at their best.ID:uDnQdo