Product Engineer II (Scottsboro, AL)
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
We are looking for a Product Engineer to join our team! This role is responsible for activities involved in the design, development, manufacture, test, and delivery of new refrigeration products in a highly customized manufacturing operation. You will be part of cross functional teams aimed at providing technical expertise and problem solving in the development and support of projects while meeting continuous improvement goals in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Cost.
This position will serve Rheem’s HTPG division manufacturing facility located in Scottsboro, AL.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of refrigeration products.
- Work closely with the project team to assure sound engineering principles and science are employed in the product design; provide technical expertise, application guidance, and problem solving solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with team members from purchasing, sales, manufacturing, accounting, and test laboratory ensure successful completion of the project within the time, cost and budget requirements
- Evaluate products to determine adherence to customer expectations, marketing requirements, accepted industry design practices, performance requirements, cost targets, reliability targets, and manufacturability.
- Design products taking into consideration such factors as availability, material, weight, reliability, scheduling and compliance with customer or contractual requirements. Make decisions on design factors affecting overall design and submit analysis of design problems.
- Contribute to product innovation and technical excellence.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project including technical development.
- Participate in the process of solving field and production problems that require design changes, material substitutions, etc.
- Prepare contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released, material lists, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data.
- Represent company to government agencies, outside vendors and other representatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in product development engineering
- Working knowledge of UL/CSA requirements, engineering/manufacturing change processes, vapor compression, and heat transfer principles
- Basic understanding of single and three phase power
- Strong analytical skills to analyze empirical data for refrigeration systems
- Experience with ERP/MRP engineering functions
- Excellent communication, coordination, and presentation skills for interface with coworkers, managers, and customers
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Experience in design and development of evaporators and/or condensing units for commercial refrigeration or air conditioning applications
- Experience with Oracle ERP
- Experience with Toyota Production System is a plus
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.