Product Owner/Project Lead
Mikros Systems Corp.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about-us.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Product Owner/Project Lead (PO/PL) will be responsible for the planning, oversight, and technical assessment of deliverables associated with all stages of Information Technology projects for our Federal Government Client focusing on the telecommunications domain and related business and finance applications working with an integrated team of engineers, software developers, and IT analysts. The successful candidate will provide Agile Project Management support to guide projects toward the timely and successful completion of milestones while facilitating team and stakeholder communication. You will be part of a thriving, integrated team that requires enterprise-wide vision and thinking. You will have opportunities to take on leadership roles, analyze and recommend improvements to organizational processes and tools, and interface with senior level managers using your problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and conduct project stakeholder meetings and address stakeholder needs
- Apply Agile Project Management skills such as project monitoring, release schedule development, quality management, scope management, stakeholder and communications management
- Coordinate, plan, and facilitate Semi-Annual Governance Board Meetings to review and approve candidate projects for the calendar year roadmap.
- Apply technical skills to a range of topics that encompass software development, information systems, new software technologies, data analytics, and deployment support
- Ability to understand business objectives and create business need statements
- Engage client personnel and other contractors to understand specific system and functional requirements to develop user stories and mock-ups
- Evaluate and apply practical and innovative concepts and methodologies to solve difficult problems with the latest technologies such as RPA, SDN, and others
- Ensure system development policies and procedures are followed regarding privacy, security, and software development life cycle artifacts
- Bachelor’s degree or MS degree with 8 years of professional experience as a Software Development Project Lead or Project Manager.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of information systems, with emphasis on requirements analysis and solution design.
- At least 4 years of experience in leading projects and tasks with defined scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Experience working with Jira or other requirements gathering, collaboration, and agile scrum planning tools
- Understanding principles of software testing, development, and/or management, and the full software development life cycle
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Strong professional (technical writing and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently, responsible for meeting deadlines
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to public trust information.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Experience/Familiarity with Telecommunications Services and associated Service Ordering/Billing/Inventory preferred
- Experience/Familiarity with Telecommunications transitions of large networks preferred
- Experience operating in a CMMI-certified organization preferred
- Understanding of Federal IT Security processes and guidelines, such as FISMA preferred
Client Engagement· Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions. · Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
At Noblis, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections. Regular full and part time staff are incentive plan eligible.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]