Product Support Sales Representative – Charlotte, NC
Yancey Brothers Co.
Mt Airy, NC
Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Product Support Sales Rep is responsible for the successful execution of the Pathfinder Power Solutions aftermarket business plan to grow parts and service sales to various categories of customer targets. The Product Support Sales Rep is responsible to find and define customer opportunities in assigned AOR to achieve Pathfinder Power Solutions and Perkins Engine Co.’s growth goals and brand promise.Primary Responsibilities:
- Achieve parts and service sales profitability targets for assigned AOR.
- Lead Pathfinder Power Solutions' efforts to grow our aftermarket parts and service business to include and expand parts and service capability through supported brands.
- Participate in assessing aftermarket coverage for Perkins powered and non-Perkins powered equipment that is serviceable by Pathfinder.
- Identify potential customers and work across the organization to provide parts and service quotes.
- Manage quoting activity to achieve target conversion rate.
- Liaise between customers and service department to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in parts look-up when necessary.
- Maintain access and proficiency with systems required to perform role.
- Read and understand financial reports, balance sheets, cash flow and income statements.
- Develop annual budgets and regular forecasts to monitor how well business forecasts align with actual performance.
- Contribute to and implement business plans and adjust models to respond to and anticipate changing market conditions.
- Lead, direct and manage a “consultative selling” approach to identify and manage customer expectations.
- Develop and continually seek to improve product knowledge and skill sets for all brands Pathfinder represents.
- Participate at Trade Shows and Customer Events to generate product support sales leads.
- Maintain close relationships with Sales, Parts, and Service departments to understand operational opportunities and challenges.
- Maintain good customer relationships; intervene to solve problems and disputes; look for ways to enhance customer satisfaction within the scope of Pathfinder Power Solutions/Yancey Bros. Co. values and mission statements.
- Develop and direct Parts and Service marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Participate in required safety program and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have prior experience with Diesel Engine and/or drive train product support sales. With this experience, you should have knowledge of diesel engines, equipment, and applications, parts and service support, engine failure analysis and warranty administration.Education/Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Diesel Engine and/or drive train product support sales.
- At least 3 years of account management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college / university or related equivalent experience preferred.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of diesel engines, equipment, and applications, parts and service support, engine failure analysis and warranty administration.
- Experienced in account management
- Excellent communication skills across diverse audience.
- Good time management and follow-up.
- Exceptional selling skills required: negotiation, cold calling, closing, and follow-up.
- Possesses networking and strategic relationship building skills.
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros Co offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.Competitive Pay Structure
- Competitive Pay
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities