Westby Cooperative Creamery
Monday - Friday; 8 am - 4:30 pm
$500 Sign-on Bonus to be paid after completing 3 months of employment!
The Production Accountant will act as a liaison between the plant and office regarding production information. This position has a specific focus on production, inventory, and patron activity while meeting safety, quality, and productivity objectives to effectively meet the Westby Creamery Vision and Mission.
- Compiles, records, and enters production data, including yield sheets, milk received, and volume reporting with related integration in the company accounting and/or ERP systems.
- Maintains and compiles inventory for selected products, reconciles discrepancies, and creates inventory valuation reports for ingredients, packaging, and finished goods.
- Tracking of patron bar codes and replenishment of inventory as needed.
- Coordinates reconciliation of sub-ledger accounts and general ledger accounts with particular attention to assigned inventory and manufacturing accounts, create, and post adjusting entries to assigned GL accounts as needed.
- Administration of the Patron Milk Payroll System (TMM14) & Total Milk Principal System, to maintain accuracy of information as it relates to Patron files and Vendor payables as well as related integration in the company accounting and/or ERP systems. Serves as a backup for the creation of Milk Payroll and milk pay report distribution.
- Administration of Patron Contracts includes updating current as well as establishment of new conventional or organic contracts for patrons.
- Creates and distributes relevant financial reports to leadership and decision makers for review, with particular attention to production, inventory, and related patron charges.
- Organize and attend the Annual Meeting.
- Assist with grant applications including research, applying for qualifying grants and follow-up.
- Analyze system processes and evaluate potential improvements.
- Completes projects as assigned relating to financial data analysis and process improvement.
- Performs cross-training in assigned positions and/or duties.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Business administration with focus in accounting and 5 or more years of experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations, cost accounting, budgeting and financial reporting is required.
- Ability to demonstrate solid business judgment through advanced critical thinking, analytical, analysis and extensive problem-solving and decision-making skills to understand and interpret production costs, margins, process costs and variances is required.
- Advanced computer and database management skills; Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced MS Excel capabilities, i.e., PivotTables and VLOOKUPs is required. ERP management system experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability is required.
- Must be goal-driven and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and critical business contacts are required.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position per work screen protocol is required.