Production Assembly and Machine Operator
Helwig Carbon Products, Inc.
- Full time 1st Shift
- Pay starting at $15/ hour
- Entry-level assembly and machine operating.
- Excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, matching 401(k), employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), bonus plan, flex spending, life insurance, PTO, and tuition reimbursement.
- On-site amenities include cafeteria, nurse practitioner, massage therapy, physical therapy, and exercise room.
- You will work with sensor insertion, bonding brushes, silver painting and copper coating.
- Read shop orders and inspect parts from various pieces of equipment to ensure compliance with established drawings and specifications.
- Work on kick press and/or punch press to install terminals on carbon brush.
- Use concave machine to place angle on carbon brush.
- Place copper wire through hole in carbon brush and secure with rivet.
- Seal wires and glue pads to carbon brush and place in oven.
- Take out of oven and clean off excess glue.
- Cut wire by specifications on shop order.
- Place copper wires through hole and secure with rivet.
- Solder brush per order specifications.
- Place sleeve (silicone cover) over wires.
- Clean/tidy your work area
- Be able to be cross trained in the department to perform different duties.
- Work with production supervisor and other department personnel in a cooperative and collaborative manner to expedite orders within the department so as to meet and exceed customer expectations in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to successfully read and utilize inspection and measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, protractors and ruler required).
- Requires being able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Need to read and speak English to review Shop Order requirements required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.