Production Assistant (4×4 Schedule) 6:00am-6:00pm (Corey St)
The AZEK Company (www.azekco.com) is a $1 Billion and growing industry-leading manufacturer of beautiful, low-maintenance, and environmentally sustainable building products, with a focus on decking and outdoor living. Consistently recognized as the market leader in innovation, quality and aesthetics, products across AZEK’s portfolio are made from up to 100% recycled material and primarily replace wood on the outside of homes, providing a long-lasting, eco-friendly and stylish solution to consumers. We are committed to accelerating the use of recycled material in the manufacturing of our innovative products, keeping millions of pounds of waste out of landfills each year and revolutionizing the industry to create a more sustainable future. In June 2020, we completed a highly successful IPO (NYSE: AZEK).
We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where diversity of all kinds is sought out, valued, respected, and appreciated. We are building and promoting a culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It fuels our innovation, drives operational excellence and is a source of our competitive differentiation, while connecting us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
Welcome to your next career opportunity! Apply now for a Production Assistant position at our Corey St. Facility. Safety, Health, and Culture are top priorities at The AZEK Company.
Responsible for properly performing activities relative to assisting the extrusion operator in efficiently operating the extrusion equipment and producing quality products within a large, 24/7 manufacturing environment. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Contributes to accident-free operations and compliance to all health, safety, environmental, and quality requirements and regulations.
- Assist the department in producing a quality product based upon product specifications.
- Monitor and complete quality checks to assure quality of the products (color, surface, size, etc.) meets product standards prior to packaging.
- Perform placement of pallets and proper packaging techniques for finished material as directed.
- Move material to designated areas, as needed.
- Assist extrusion operator with all machine cleaning functions including saws, tanks, etc. when necessary.
- Communicate daily issues and pertinent information to production assistants, assistant operators, operators, and team leaders as needed.
- Follow all plant safety procedures to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Understand and follow all company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for detailed completion of production operator reports.
- Complete additional quality and production paperwork, as necessary.
- Complete and attach labels according to the product specifications.
- Perform housekeeping duties in the production area.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by leadership.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Minimum of 1 year
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills
Other Requirements: Ability to read, write, and understand the English language. Basic mathematical proficiency in the addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers and fractions. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, reading gauges and similar measuring devices.
*Interview tip: Must know how to read a ruler*
We focus on excellent customer service, and we take pride and great care in every order we fill for our customers.
AZEK is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. We have established a DEI Council comprised of our employees to promote an incredible culture.
The Azek Company is strictly following all CDC guidelines on workplace disinfecting and sanitation, as well as state-mandated PPE practices. Your safety matters and is a condition of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.