Production Associate I
Grand Prairie, TX
Shift:Second Shift - 8 (United States of America)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Passionate about innovation? Want to work for a company that values integrity, teamwork and loyalty?
At LATICRETE International we are driven to be a top ten construction chemical company that still values family, diversity, collaboration and invention. We’ve been in business for over 65 years, family owned/operated for three generations and are available in 100 countries. In 2017, The Hartford Business Journal named us one of Connecticut’s Top Family Owned Companies!
We don't just make innovative, industry-leading products. We strive to connect with, engage with and improve the lives of our employees, our customers, our partners, and the global communities in which we operate.
We are seeking passionate and ambitious employees who want to make a difference not just within our organization, but within their communities and the world. If that sounds like you, then what are you waiting for? Join the family and expand your horizons!
Just some of our benefits:
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays in addition to paid vacation and sick time
- Flexible spending
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Supplemental Insurance
- 1 week paid plant shutdown between the Christmas and New Year's Day holidays
At all of our facilities we are taking additional precautions with temperature checks, deep cleaning, testing, and work from home opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as necessary.
1. Machine Operation and Order Fulfillment (65%):
- Prepare materials needed for order.
- Ensure fulfillment of one/two areas below:
- Review Order and list of materials and utilize RF Gun to locate and pick the materials.
- Review order and weigh materials based on order needs - input information into machine that will prepare the batch.
- Start-up machinery, review production schedule, load bags into machine and work with batcher to determine when to run the machine.
- Ensure safety protocols are always followed.
2. Housekeeping (15%):
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance of worksite - Sweeping, vacuuming, removing packing materials/debris and equipment cleaning.
3. Staging and Shift Handoff (5%):
- Prepare materials for next shift to ensure smooth transition and handoff with minimal downtime.
4. Quality Control (10%)
- Ensure team is utilizing raw materials that are not expired and follow correct formulas.
- Collect samples for the QC team and based on results, adjust batch as needed.
- Ensure final product is meeting quality specifications.
5. Equipment & Materials (5%)
- Communicate with Leadership and maintenance any equipment and materials needs, shortages, failures, required repairs, forklift inspection results etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to utilize math to perform basic weights for formulas.
- Able to read and interpret directions and order details.
- Able to communicate both in writing and verbally.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Lift: Must be able to lift and/or carry a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Push/Pull: Must be able to push/pull 55 pounds.
- Stand: Must be able to stand 80% - 85% of the day.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit 5% of the day.
- Twisting/Bending: Must be able to twist/bend 20% of the day.
- Squatting, Climbing and/or Crawling: Must be able to squat/climb/crawl 10% of the day.