Production Associate I
Quanex Custom Components, a manufacturer of cabinet doors, is seeking people with strong work ethic to become part of our manufacturing team. The Production Associate will perform a variety of tasks related to the manufacturing of cabinet doors which could include sanding, using woodworking machinery, packaging, and many more.
- Receives direction from the supervisor or lead.
- Maintains the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; notifies the supervisor or lead of any existing or potential safety issues.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and notifies the supervisor or lead of potential procedural improvements.
- Assists in other work areas when the workload permits or requires.
- Cooperates with and supports co-workers and gets involved as a team player.
- Meets or exceeds the production standards for the position.
- Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly completes all documentation related to this position; i.e., production reports, accurate time keeping, etc.
- Observes closely the operation of tools and machinery and notifies the supervisor or lead immediately of malfunctions or maintenance which may be needed.
- Monitors product constantly to ensure that quality standards are being met and rejects product that does not meet quality standards.
Production Workers frequently work overtime; work environment is in a manufacturing facility, and involves standing for the duration of the shift. While most lifting involves manageable pieces and moderate weights, it is common to handle large, awkward materials weighing up to 40 lbs. Production workers may operate machinery or complete support tasks.
For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working in our facilities.