Production Chemist / Technical Manager (Upstream Chemicals) Kenai, AK
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Would you like to help shape and implement Baker Hughes Sourcing Strategies?
Join our Team!
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.
Partner with the best
As a Production Chemist/Technical Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Account management, chemical sales, and issue resolution all while shaping excellent relationships and value to customers
- You will be a critical part of our technical team while collaborating with external teams
- Demonstrating comprehensive, specialized knowledge of Upstream Chemicals products and services, and customer requirements
- Developing and implementing Flow Assurance, Production Optimization, and Integrity management solutions to production systems
- Developing, preparing, and delivering complex business proposals and clearly articulating value
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships from field level to Production Engineer/Operations Managers
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in either Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Petroleum Engineering
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in production chemistry (oil & gas treating)
- Be experienced in developing, authoring, and presenting complex technical chemical recommendations
- Chemical Application / Monitoring / Field Survey
- Field/Lab Testing Methodologies and Techniques
- Analytical Chemistry
- Oil field design and production methods
- Knowledge of chemical product design / product selection
- Be willing and able to travel and work (lone worker) in remote Arctic locations for extended periods of time up to 6 weeks at a time
- Technical Manager Support for Alaska Business Unit
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Monday – Friday, must be willing and able to support the business as needed
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits