Production Control Specialist
WHO ARE WE
Sonaca North America is driven by a passion for innovation and a commitment to excellence. As a leading provider of aerospace and defense solutions, we are dedicated to making air and space travel safe and sustainable. We have 13 locations across North America and our engineering expertise and operational excellence set us apart from the competition.
Since the beginning in 1948, we have a proven track record of delivering high-quality products and services that are reliable, safe, and efficient. Our team of experts is dedicated to staying ahead of the curve in the aerospace and defense industry, utilizing the latest technologies and processes to ensure that we deliver the best possible solutions to our customers.
We are currently seeking a Production Control Specialist. The PCS Serves as the point of contact with external customers. This position processes sales orders, resolves customer requests, questions and complaints, and maintains positive relations with our customers. The PCS will focus much of his/her attention on achieving 100% on-time delivery through proactive management of each sales order.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolves customer requests, questions and complaints frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Customer focal for all customer questions, concerns and problem resolution
- Serves as liaison between the customer and various departments throughout facility
- Liaison between customers, plant personnel to facilitate flow of materials, tooling, paperwork, etc. in and between work centers to ensure 100% on-time delivery.
- Manages and coordinates customer short flows, AOG’s (aircraft on ground) including negotiating due dates when on-time delivery is in jeopardy
- Communicate with Production, scheduling, shipping and purchasing to acquire dates to report to customers.
- Proactively reviews all delivery schedules via system generated reports and customer portals
- Review customer sales orders – filter FAI orders, verify pricing on all orders, and verify lead time on sustaining orders.
- Manage incomplete PO’s with customers to ensure all information meets NADCAP and company requirements.
- Relay customer changes; address, locations, contacts, and other important information to proper personnel.
- Main contact and the resident expert for each assigned customer regarding issues such as: contract requirements and specific individual needs of the customers and/or their representatives, lead-times, etc.
- Review of all P.O.C.’s and new order entry reports and apply changes, or work with others as necessary, to determine required actions, if any.
- Using ERP system to research and analyze customer situations
- Proactively review and manage delivery schedules:
- Maintain a hands-on approach to status and handle delinquencies; know where they are within the plant and the projected delivery date. Status to the customer will be done in the format they request or that they agree upon.
- Identify potential problems, analyze and propose alternatives for resolution for any issues that may jeopardize on-time delivery. Request, charge and track expedite costs as required.
- Coordinates the efficient flow of product through the manufacturing process
- Utilizes capacity management techniques to maximize throughput and reduce constraints to perform processes necessary to efficiently meet the customer’s demand
- Depending on the needs of the site location working from, may review, manage, and execute orders to manufacturing to support customer demands
- Continually work to build a long-term relationship with the customer
- This is a role of “goodwill ambassador”, as well as acting as liaison and problem solver for both the customer as well as the company
- Works independently under minimal supervision.
- Function as a productive, contributing and responsible member of his/her work team.
- Cross train and support customer service team objectives as required.
- Is familiar with all job tools available and applicable to the job and the plant including LMI standard procedures and work instructions.
- In all actions, supports the Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
- May occasionally work in another facility to accommodate customer requirements and/or adjust for variation in work flow within the company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in customer service in manufacturing or related industry. Aerospace experience preferred. Background in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associate degree or high school diploma with equivalent years of experience in customer service, engineering, or materials management required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or other another like ERP systems.
- Ability to develop win-win relationships with customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one from groups or individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems, utilizing standard operating procedures.
- Ability to interpret information furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form, to determine the best course of action among various alternatives.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must be well organized, can prioritize, maintain focus and follow through.
- Understanding of process flows, lead-times and lean principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of all Production Control functions.
- Ability to learn each product line’s capabilities and limitations.
WHY CHOOSE SONACA NORTH AMERICA?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions:
Hourly Pay Range: $18.00 - 22.00 per hour
This base pay range is specific to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Washington, and any other state that may require such disclosure. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Base salary is just one component of Sonaca North America's total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base. Other rewards may include bonuses, paid time off, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Sonaca North America is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, Sonaca North America provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, Sonaca North America will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for Sonaca North America‘s Human Resources Department. Sonaca North America will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
Sonaca North America is an E-Verify Employer.
Sonaca North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from Sonaca North America and/or its affiliates (“LMI Aerospace”).
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
Sonaca North America does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement and will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.
Sonaca North America has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning Sonaca North America, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo