Setco Sales Company, a Holden Industries, Inc., subsidiary
Reports to: Reports to Service Center Manager
Summary: The Production Coordinator provides competent, timely, and budgeted purchasing and managing of inventory levels to properly support business levels and budgets. This person uses communication and planning to provide cost-effective decisions to support the quoting process and our forecasted need for inventory.
- High school diploma or a 2-year technical or business degree.
- 2-years minimum engineering experience or at least 1-year experience in precision spindle engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A fully qualified incumbent must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have an understanding of ERP/CRM database functionality.
- Sufficient level of mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience such that by applying standard techniques and basic methods, detailed work assignments and routine projects can be managed
- Requires minimum supervision, except in areas of a unique aspect.
- Knowledge & expertise in metal cutting machine control system integration.
- Assists in the manufacturing and production schedules for individual departments and operations.
- Checks actual vs. planed production schedules and aligns purchasing and inventory management responsibilities in coordination of production schedule.
- Alters purchasing responsibilities to compensate for increases in production or changes in production schedule with a focus on adhering to customer timelines.
- Solicit quotes and information regarding needed components, equipment, and services from reputable, qualified suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain acceptable levels of inventory on purchased items within position's scope of responsibility.
- Maintain inventory record accuracy; enter receipts and parts usages into the ERP system.
- Maintain open communication with production management and continually provide updates on the statuses of parts and rework for orders; monitor and report technical problems/issues encountered by suppliers throughout the process.
- Assist the Director of Operations and/or Service Center Manager with order scheduling and expediting of purchased and in-process parts.